Thursday, 12 January 2017

Oral Presentation notes

Whilst I've been working on this presentation using PowerPoint I can see that I've not been posting my thoughts and research to put this together.

I was also under the assumption that I needed to give a presentation to an audience using my slides but after reading an entry on the OCA Photography Facebook it turns out that I can do a voice-over instead.

I've had to work hard to get the slides and voice-over to appear together.  In fact, I'm now running 3 weeks' late in handing this assignment in.

Screenshot of oral presentation


I've prepared 19 slides and written the script but am finding it hard to get through the whole voice-over without stumbling over my words.  I spent 4 hours on Monday morning (9th January) going over and over to try to get through the whole script and slides but with to no avail.

I was gazing at the screen when I suddenly saw the Pause button and realised that I could talk over a couple of slides, pause, take a drink and carry on.  The programme shows the timings as you go along so I can co-ordinate the gaps between each slide by watching the clock.

I have been working on my assignments at a local computer centre where I hire a small meeting room twice a week.  This gives me an incentive to get on as there are no distractions or windows to look out.

I'm back there tomorrow (13th January) in the hopes that I can work through the whole thing and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment